COVID- 19 Health and Safety Policy 2021-2022
We are taking our guidance for dealing with COVID-19 from the Archdiocese. I have tried to condense them down to what it important for you to know.
First, (this I added) pray for protection for our entire Faith Formation program and our church.
- Philippians 4:6 “Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God.”
- It is recommended that all teachers, assistants and students who are not vaccinated wear a mask or other face covering when inside the buildings. Proof of vaccination will not be required.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance of each classroom and at the parish hall.
- Facilities, specifically tables, chairs, door knobs, light switches and touch surfaces in the bathrooms will be sanitized between class times.
- Sanitizing supplies will be available in each classroom and at the parish hall.
- Safe distancing of 3 feet should be maintained between individuals.
Third, in case of illness:
- If it has been less than 48 hours between the time of onset of symptoms and having been in the classroom, please notify me.
- Someone who has had a diagnosis of COVID-19 may return to class after all three of the following criteria are met:
- At least 10 days have passed since the initial onset of symptoms, and
- At least 24 hours have passed since the last temperature of 100 or higher without the aid of a fever reducer, and
- The individual has improvement in respiratory symptoms.
- Anyone who is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, regardless of whether they have had positive confirmation, are presumed to have COVID-19 and should stay home until the above three criteria are met.
- Anyone who tests positive but does not have any symptoms should stay home for 10 days after testing positive.
- Anyone who has had direct contact, meaning been in close proximity or in a confined space with a person known to have COVID-19, should self-quarantine for 10 days from exposure, unless you have been fully vaccinated and show no symptoms, or have recovered from a confirmed COVID-19 illness within the past 3 months.
Fourth, (I added this) pray some more. It worked last year.
- Matthew 21:22 “Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive.”
- Mark 9:29 “He said to them, “This kind can only come out through prayer.”
- John 14:13-14 “And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it.”