As the situation with the Covid-19 virus continues to change almost hourly, we need to update all of you about recent developments and recommendations communicated to us by our state and local governments about limiting public gatherings to no more than ten people and discouraging non-essential meetings. In addition to this Archbishop Gustavo Siller has canceled the Public Chrism Mass and all public masses of Holy Week, including Easter. In an effort to keep all of you safe and free from harm this is what our church proposes until further notice:
1. All weekday Masses and Stations of the Cross are now canceled. I will celebrate a Private Mass for the intentions posted for that particular day. I prayerfully ask that if the intention is for your family member that you remain at home and pray in private. As I stated. I will be celebrating Mass in private for your intentions.
2. All weekend Masses remain canceled. In an effort to bring some sort of spiritual guidance to all of you I will be opening up Exposition and Adoration on Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm. During this time I am asking all of you to work with me in assuring that only 10 people are present in the church at all times. If that means waiting at the door until someone finishes up their prayer time then this must be the way it is. Please be respectful of each other and let’s remember why we are there. I will be in and out of the church during these hours and I will be available for spiritual guidance, confession and any guidance you may be seeking during these difficult times. If you can’t find me in church please come by the Rectory. I will be more than happy to visit with you.
3. Communion Services – Monday through Friday I will be offering Communion Service at 9:00 am and 6:00 pm for those who wish to receive the Holy Eucharist. I ask that in order for you to receive the Holy Eucharist please prepare yourself prior to coming to church. Read the readings for the day, recite the Act of Contrition and pray the Our Father. Do not just come and receive the Eucharist. Preparation is necessary to fully engage in the Miracle of the Sacrament.
4. Funerals, Baptisms, Weddings etc. are all being addressed at this time. While we don’t know how long this situation will remain dire, we hope that everyone understands what our policies and procedures are at this time. We feel nothing but frustration and understand that we are here to help all of you.
5. Donation Envelopes – As you know donations are a necessity to ensure that the expenses of the church are met. Please drop your envelopes off at the Rectory or slip it under the door of the Sacristy. I will also be in and out of the church and I can take those donations from you as well. Know that I appreciate each and every one of you for your thoughtfulness and donations at this time.
In closing I want to express my heartfelt sorrow in not seeing all of your faces at Mass and celebrating the Holy Mass with all of you. Please know that I am praying and thinking about all of you and your families.
May God Bless all of you!!!!!
Sincerely in Christ
Fr. Damian Jaje, SDS
Coordinator of Religious Education
Pastoral Council President
Contact Pastor at least 6 months
ahead for preparation and a date.
Contact Pastor for Pre-Baptismal
class and to set a date.
INTERESTED IN THE CATHOLIC FAITH?
Contact Father or Gerri Garza
484-2260 or 830-200-9854.
ALTAR FLOWER COORDINATOR:
Saturday Evening: 5:30 pm
Sunday Morning: 7:30 am & 9:30 am
Children's Mass: 11 am on 2nd Sunday (Oct-May)
Spanish Mass:11:00 am on 3rd Sunday
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 6:30 pm
Friday: 7:00 am
Looking for Mass Times While Traveling?
PO Box 339
488 W. Westmeyer
Poth, Texas 78147
Phone: (830) 484-3302
Fax: (830) 484-2903
488 W. Westmeyer, Poth, Texas 78147, United States
08:00 am – 05:00 pm